Position: Anesthesia Technician
Hours: PRN, As Needed
Shift: First or Second Shift
To provide support services to the Department of Anesthesia and function as a resource for OR personnel in resolving anesthesia issues.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Maintains and manages an inventory of anesthesia supplies that is adequate, appropriate and readily assessable.
· Procures all anesthesia supplies for ORs, supply room, Maternal Child Labor and Delivery, ECT area, open heart, Medical Imaging and any other areas as needed.
· Maintains a clean and organized supply area
· Procurement practices support cost containment efforts
· Participates in department Performance Improvement
· Establishes and maintains appropriate professional and ethical relationships with Vendor Representatives
· Collaborates with anesthesiologist/anesthetist regarding supply needs and preferences
Ensures equipment availability for all procedures requiring anesthesia and has a system in place for ongoing monitoring, repair and maintenance.
o score: N/A
· Checks all anesthesia equipment to ensure they are operational.
· Trouble shoots for anesthesia related problems.
· Stocks OR rooms and transports patients.
· Turnover anesthesia in all rooms.
· Collaborates with Biomed in maintaining anesthesia equipment.
· Develops technical skills and keeps current and knowledgeable of anesthesia equipment.
· Collaborates with Materials Resource staff, Manager and Director regarding any anesthesia purchases.
· Assesses anesthesia needs outside department and works with Maternal Child Labor/Delivery, ECT and Medical Imaging.
Assists Materials Resource Staff in procuring and managing surgical supplies and capturing revenue for services rendered.
· score: N/A
· Enters anesthesia charges and other as specified.
· Assists in managing inventory in Surgical Inventory Supply (SIC).
· Provides data and reports as requested eg. daily and monthly area counts.
· Fills out charge sheets appropriately.
Functions as a liaison between the Surgical Services Department and the Department of Anesthesia. Serves as a resource for OR staff in resolving anesthesia related problems.
· score: N/A
· Communicates needs and concerns of Anesthesia Department to Manager.
· Evaluates service provided and strives for customer satisfaction.
· Remains accessible and visible in clinical areas.
· Copes with stressful situations in an appropriate manner.
· Uses discretion in dealing with peers and physicians.
· Demonstrates judgment and objective decision making.
· Maintains open channels of communication with supervisor, physicians, CRNA's and related persons
· Demonstrates flexibility in meeting department needs.
· Makes productive use of time.
· Demonstrates teamwork.
· Maintains professional manner in interactive relationships.
· Accepts additional assignments willingly.
· Uses down time appropriately.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
1-3 years of experience in/with Surgery Services or related field - preferred
Prior experience in Critical Care, EMT, sterilization, anesthesia, electronics - preferred