Sunnybrook - M-F 830-5 - with every 3rd week rotation in ER
Timely and accurate deposit of receipts and refunding monies due patients or insurance companies.
Facilitate the patient intake process by performing quality functions for registering patients into the hospital computer system. This highly visible position must be aware of the importance and impact the position has on the hospital public relations. Positive human relations skills are necessary and required to be exhibited at all times.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Patient Access Associate
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
High School graduate
2 years customer service
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Obtain CPI/MOAB (Management of Aggressive Behaviors) Certification within 6 months of hire and maintain certification by-yearly
· Read, write and speak fluent English
· Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and work in an organized, efficient, and process oriented manner
· Exhibits excellent oral communication skills and the ability to interact with customers and team members with diverse education, life style and back grounds in accordance to the affiliate’s mission and vision.
· Possesses complex problem solving skills in reasoning through work related issues
· Demonstrates the ability to adapt to change
· Ability to write clear and concise, grammatically correct notes and business correspondence without close supervision
· Keyboarding skills required
· Coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiencies with little or no supervision
· Intermediate analytical ability, proficiency with spreadsheets
· Ability to operate: PC, Calculator, Copier, printer/fax machine