UnityPoint at Home
HME Dispatcher Inventory Controller
Full-time + benefits
The core responsibility of this position is to efficiently schedule and route home medical equipment deliveries that are performed by the HME Delivery Technicians. The dispatcher interacts daily with other home health departments to ensure seamless service to our customers, providing assistance and problem solving a variety of equipment, customer, and inventory related issues.
The dispatcher coordinates the shipment of equipment and supplies to patients and is responsible for receiving inventory. This position manages warehouse organization and maintains inventory accuracy.
This position may act as a backup for HME Delivery Technicians and UnityPoint at Home Health Purchasing staff. After hours on-call is a component of this position.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Schedules, routes and directs the delivery technicians to ensure efficient and timely deliveries of equipment to patients.
· Selects appropriate products given a patient's medical need, lifestyle and overall condition; has a working knowledge of contraindication of all products and liability issues for UPAH.
· Problem solves a wide range of customer issues and complaints; consults and refers those outside the scope of practice.
· Audits delivery paperwork for errors, educates staff and reports results to management.
· Submits delivery paperwork for all delivery technicians to document imaging.
· Coordinates shipping of 50-75 packages a day using UPS, FedEx or Spee-Dee delivery service.
· Manages receiving, maintains inventory levels, confirms reorder quantities and performs cycle counts.
· Responsible for warehouse workplace safety; performs daily audits to ensure all procedures are being followed.
· Maintains up-to-date and accurate information regarding equipment tracking logs to meet accreditation and regulatory requirements.
On Call and Staff Support
· Independently functions in on-call role for after-hours and weekend client issues ranging from equipment malfunctions to new orders.
· Backs up purchasing by placing orders and arranging returns as required.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· 4 or more years of experience in the HME industry.
· 6-12 months of experience in a customer service based environment.
· Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
· Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance.
· Basic knowledge of inventory management concepts.
· Ability to arrange fleet maintenance requirements.
· Ability to educate customers regarding proper use of HME equipment.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· 2-4 years of experience working in HME Industry.
· Previous experience as a dispatcher.
· 1-2 years working in a computer based inventory environment.
· Working knowledge of home medical equipment product lines.
· Working understanding of HME workflow processes.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Intermediate computer skills with ability to proceed to advanced skills.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.