Fort Dodge, IA
$10K Sign on bonus
Monday-Friday, Daytime hours
Full Time Benefits
***Employee will need to work on a rotating on call schedule
Respiratory Therapists will perform diagnostic pulmonary evaluations and respiration therapy treatments designed to treat patients with deficiencies and dysfunctions of the pulmonary system. Pulmonary evaluation involves acquiring, analyzing and interpreting data that is obtained from diagnostic tests and specimens.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Meets patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by conducting pulmonary function tests; assess test results in consultation with physicians and nursing team.
· Documents information to a patient’s medical record while maintaining accurate and complete records.
· Assembles, maintains and calibrates respiratory therapy equipment.
· Provides educational opportunities to patients, families and other health care associates focusing on health and preventative maintenance.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Completion of an accredited Respiratory Therapist program.
· Previous experience preferred.
· BCLS Certification.
· Current Iowa R.C.P. license obtained after completion of entry-level RRT examination from NBRC.
· Actively involved in obtaining RRT credential from National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.