As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses, Philosophy of Nursing at UnityPoint Health within the structure of the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with other care givers.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Key Accountability/Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
• Utilizes scientific principles to administer care to newborn, pediatric, adult and geriatric populations.
• Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal account of patient’s care.
• Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills specific to the public health/home health specialty in accordance with the established policies, procedures, and standards of care.
• Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the individuals served.
• Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare team members within their scope of practice and holds them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
• Utilizes critical thinking in developing nursing interventions while maintaining responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
Key Accountability/Clinical Excellence and Patient Education
• Utilizes teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
• Consults appropriate resources to provide specialized education.
• Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents, and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
Key Accountability/Quality Assurance
• Assists with departmental and hospital wide organizational quality improvement activities.
• Demonstrates required competencies per organizational and departmental policy.
• Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
• BSN - Preferred
• Two years’ experience in acute clinical care
• One year’s experience in public health and/or home health – Preferred
• Current Iowa Registered Nurse License
• Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire
• Valid driver’s license when driving and vehicle for work related reasons.