40 hours a week: M/W/F 9:00am-5:30pm T/Th 11:00am-7:30pm
Responsible for leading exercises for persons with medical limitations, assist in the planning and implementation of fitness programs for wellness members and community, develop screening procedures, assist in education for MMCI employees, student interns and the community and participate in the health team.
UnityPoint Health is committed to offering our team members a minimum rate of pay of $15 per hour.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
% of Time
· Responsible for leading exercises and educating persons with medical and physical limitations as well as healthy population
· Demonstrates knowledge of activity appropriate for healthy population and individuals with medical limitations
· Assists person on proper warm up and cool down activities, heart rate checks and advising program specifics relating to limitations
· Provides participant with a follow up on their exercise program as needed
· Administers general exercise testing and screenings which include but are not limited to: blood pressure, spirometry, cholesterol, blood glucose, body fat composition, metabolic assessments, heart rate prescription, flexibility, muscular strength/endurance and submaximal and/or graded stress testing
· Properly interprets the results of all testing/screenings and properly recommends/implements activities for participants
· Provides exercise prescriptions while following guidelines established by governing bodies
· Ensures that exercise equipment is cleaned weekly and ensures that wellness facility including locker rooms are clean to facilitate customer satisfaction
· Ensures equipment is safe and reports out of order equipment as well as following with members properly
· Performs duties at Wellmobile screenings which include, but are not limited to, check in/out, height, weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, spirometry and blood glucose checks
· Provides appropriate recommendations to members after reviewing health screening results
· Works with Manager of Employee & Corporate Wellness on UPH employee programming including but not limited to health education presentations in the field, and on-site fitness events.
· Assists as needed with kick off meetings for new hire training and intern education
· Provides Manager of Employee & Corporate Wellness a minimum of one exercise incentive program and one general program annually for participants while working within a budget
· Support Wellmobile program through administrative support, staffing of events and coordination as directed by the Manager of Employee & Corporate Wellness
· Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Employee & Corporate Wellness
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology and/or Kinesiology
1-3 years’ experience in/with an exercise emphasis or as a previous exercise instructor
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License in the State of Illinois.
Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) must be run annually.
ACSM, ACE and/or NSCA
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
· Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.