Supprt Services Technician
Part-Time 8 hours/week
Provides initial contact with consumer and collaborating agencies by phone or in person.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Ensures Consistent High-Quality Patient Service
· Promptly greets patients and visitors in an appropriate and courteous manner
· Maintains a high degree of confidentiality and is discreet at all times
· Demonstrates diplomacy and good judgement in selecting proper mode of communication
· Answers calls in a professional manner
· Determines the service the patient is to receive by reviewing physician orders
· Educates patients on specimen collection
· Properly handles patient specimens and stores them according to established protocol
· Completes job assignments in a timely manner to decrease customer wait times
· Accurately records messages and communicates messages
· Complete chart preparation for doctor and nurse ensuring files are on site when needed and have proper paperwork in chart
Ensure timely and accurate registration and specimen handling
· Selects and identifies correct patient using appropriate identifiers
· Accurately and completely enters required demographic, insurance and diagnostic information
· Assist consumer in completing all initial paperwork, explain consumers’ fees and/or copy necessary insurance information for verification purposes.
· Copy charts as requested from collaborating resources.
· Accurately Transcribes orders or releases orders
· Reconciles the orders with the corresponding order and label
· Correctly identifies and Maintains competency on insurance plans
· Accurately scans appropriate documents into EMR
· Reviews paperwork for completeness
· Effectively utilizes resources, seeking clarification as needed
· Maintains composure speed and accuracy during peak periods
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Diploma/GED Preferred
1-3 years of experience in general business and office procedures
Required English Skills
o Basic reading skills
o Basic writing skills
o Basic oral skills
o Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
o Interaction with a wide variety of people
o Maintain confidential information
o Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
o Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
o Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
o Experience with a computer program/software for food service
o E-mail client
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.