The Simulation Coordinator provides professional coordination of the simulation and clinical skills student experiences in the absence of the Director of Simulation and Clinical Learning, Assistant Director Simulation and Clinical Learning, and Clinical Skills Coordinator The Coordinator, in collaboration with the Director of Simulation and Clinical Learning, Assistant Director Simulation and Clinical Learning, and Clinical Skills Coordinator is accountable to assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating the experiences within the Simulation and Clinical Practice Centers. The Coordinator will adapt an interdisciplinary approach to all functions of the department.
This position is weekends only.
· Manages the daily operations of the Simulation Center
· Works in collaboration with the Director of Simulation and Clinical Affairs and the Assistant Director of Simulation and Clinical Learning to manage the daily operations of the Simulation Center
· Organizes and prioritizes scheduling of the Clinical Practice Center experience for all programs, including rooms, equipment, and faculty/educators.
· Ensures adequate provisions of supplies to meet Simulation Center demands
· Other duties as assigned
· Teach simulation and clinical skills using an evidence-based approach that promotes an optimal learning environment. This includes operation of simulation equipment, task trainers, computerized simulators, and virtual reality procedural trainers
· Effectively sustains adequate job knowledge, professional growth, and problem-solving abilities, including current evidence in the field of nursing and health sciences simulation and clinical practice.
Faculty and staff support
· Supports staff and faculty during the planning and running of simulation events preparing, applications, props placement, and moulage set up to create a realistic healthcare setting
Set up and take down
· Physical set up and take down of a variety of healthcare simulation manikins and clinical lab environments with extreme attention to detail as assigned.
· Provide technical support related to simulation-based products to faculty, staff, and students. To include trouble-shooting problems, instructing on proper use, and facilitating vendor repairs when necessary.
Basic UPH Methodist College Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates the Methodist College Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of FERPA with respect to protecting the privacy of student education records.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of college compliance requirements. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of leaders. Takes appropriate action on concerns related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in nursing or hold a baccalaureate with a major in nursing.
Two (2) years of recent experience in clinical nursing.
Current unrestricted license as a registered nurse in Illinois or be eligible for such. If a current unrestricted license is not held, one must be obtained within 90 days.
· Must be competent in nursing skills, adult teaching/learning skills and use of technology.
· Must be organized and able to keep supply inventories.