This position performs advanced Supply Chain functions and has demonstrated mastery of Supply Tech I and II competencies. Primary focus is on PAR maintenance, inventory replenishment and vendor orders. Uses the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to place orders to replenish inventory, make vendor direct orders and do cycle counts. Has a good understanding of ERP system such that they can resolve problems like unreleased documents and back orders.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Responsible for making changes to PARS including quantity adjustments, adds, deletions & order from
· Prints labels and updates to PAR
· Identifies and completes PAR remodels after utilizing usage analysis
· Processes order for offsite warehouse– including inventory walk-throughs
· Processes order to distribution center – intransit receiving
· Follows up on back orders and unreceived inventory.
· Manages specialized rental equipment – including placing orders
· Responsible for accurately applying patient charges
· Follow up to avoid overcharging on rental equipment
· Works with management on projects to improve Supply Chain operations
o Coordinate PAR optimizations with department leaders
o Conversions, standardizations or SKU reductions
o Contract compliance
o Slow moving reports
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Degree or equivalent
Some College courses
2+ Healthcare or inventory experience
Proficient with business tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Attention to Detail
Medical Product Familiarity
Spread Sheets / Charts
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.