**$10,000 New Hire Sign-on Bonus**
Shift Differential: $5.00/hour between 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM; $7.50/hour between 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM **(at minimum of 4 hours worked)**
Weekend Differential: An additional $7.50/hour between Fridays at 11:00 PM - Mondays at 7:00 AM
We are expanding our Inpatient Rehab Unit and we are looking for Nurses who enjoy a long term relationship with their patients and working with a multidisciplinary team. Patients are our Rehab unit require multiple therapies for more than 4 hours per day. Many are stroke and previous trauma patients. Many of our Nurses share the satisfaction they receive with helping our Rehab patients attain their goals.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, these roles contribute professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families. They maintain a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses, Philosophy of Nursing at UnityPoint Health with in the structure of the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with other care givers. Knowledge of CARF requirements for inpatient Rehabilitation unit a plus.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
· Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Preferred or Specialized
Diploma from an RN program.
Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in primary state. Must apply within 90 days for licensure in secondary state.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.