UnityPoint Express Clinic - Duck Creek
Clinical Care Attendant - Radiology
.30 12hrs/week 1/12hr shift 8am-8pm; Every 3rd Weekend Rotation
The Clinical Care Attendant is responsible for assisting the Physician, Nurse Practitioner, and Physician Assistant (collectively “Provider”) with front office and back office duties in the outpatient management of patients on a rotating basis. This position is a vital part of the office team that cares for patients in the clinic setting working under the direction of a Provider and working closely with the Provider, other clinical staff, and direct patient care. Additionally, the Clinical Care Attendant is responsible for a variety of clerical and clinical functions within a clinic setting requiring knowledge and integration of available standards, resources, and data; discretion; good judgment; diplomacy; decision making; and a strong customer service attitude. Acting as the patient advocate, the Clinical Care Attendant has continuous contact with Providers, patients, patient families/ significant others, community agencies, and patient care staff and management.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of an accredited program for Radiology Technology.
Two years’ experience in a Family Practice setting, Urgent Care, or related field preferred.
· Current Iowa or Illinois RT permit. ARRT certified/eligible.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Knowledge of Urgent Care medical specialty.
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
· Knowledge of health system EMR.
· Requires clinical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to plan and evaluate patient care.
· Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
· Creative thinking; analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities; self-direction, theoretical implementation, and evaluation.
· Strong interpersonal skills including exceptional customer service and phone etiquette.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.