Sign On Bonus: $10,000 for qualifying applicants!
Work hours will be Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, for 80 hours per pay period. There is a holiday and weekend rotation. This position does have on-call.
The Home Care Registered Nurse (RN) uses clinical nursing knowledge, physical assessment, teaching and procedural skills to deliver high-quality patient care in the patient’s place of residence. The Home Care RN develops and oversees the home health plan of care under the direction of the physician and ensures appropriate interdisciplinary involvement to ensure the best outcome for each patient. The Home Care RN delivers patient care directed by the physician as established in the home health plan of care that is consistent with clinical best practices and results in high quality, improved outcomes and exceptional patient experience.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Patient Care/Care Coordination
Home Care Performance Criteria
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited nursing program (Must obtain BSN within 5 years of hire)
Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree in Nursing
One year of prior nursing experience caring for similar patient population as to be assigned.
· Prior home care experience.
· Two or more years of prior RN experience caring for similar patient population as to be assigned.
· Prior experience with documentation in an electronic health record.
· Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Iowa.
· Applies for RN license in Illinois within 12 months of start date.
· Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance with state(s) and/or organizational requirements.
· Mandatory Reporter: Child & Dependent Adult Abuse. Annual completion of competency validation activities.
· CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with Re-certification.
Certificate for OASIS Specialist - Clinical (COS-C)
· Basic knowledge of current, frequently used medications, including modes of administration, actions and side effects.
· Competency in variety of nursing skills and ability to perform without supervision (NPWT, complex wound care, IV therapy, catheter care, ostomy care, chronic disease management assessment and teaching).
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Ability to navigate and perform basic use of Microsoft Office products.
· Maintains a reliable mode of transportation and has the ability to drive safely during all day and night hours and in all types of inclement weather.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.