Sign On Incentive of $5,000 for qualifying candidates!
The Child Protection Center (CPC) is an outpatient department of the hospital that provides an interagency coordinated response to child and dependent adult abuse investigations and assessments. It is the role of the CPC to provide medical examinations, forensic interviews, and advocacy services. In addition to these core services, the Center also conducts foster care removal exams and is home to the CARE (childhood assessment, referral, and early intervention) program. It is the responsibility of the CPC RN to support medical providers and contribute professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 10% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Promotes the use of evidence based practice through the nursing process, protocols, and procedures.
· Supports CPC medical providers by rooming patients and providing assistance during the medical examination.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of the patient’s care.
· Makes medical referrals and places orders as directed by the medical provider.
· Communicates results of labs and other test results to the medical provider, multidisciplinary team (MDT) members, and parents/guardians.
· Assists with the collection of DCI kits per protocol, maintaining the chain of custody.
· Supports the CARE program and assists the medical provider in assessing the needs of children and families, makes recommendations regarding safety concerns, medical issues, mental health treatment, substance abuse treatment and family support services.
· Engages in professional development activities, shares information learned with colleagues, and utilizes newly acquired knowledge to enhance services provided.
· Focuses on instituting best practices that emerge in the field.
· Participates in peer review activities that ensure the development and strengthening of skills.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Current Iowa RN license.
Prefer previous pediatric experience.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Writes, reads, comprehends, and speaks fluent English.
Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, and web browser.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other locations.