PRN (as needed)
The Dietitian is responsible for the provision of medical nutrition therapy for patients using the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics’ (AND) Nutrition Care Process (NCP). This includes assessment, diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and evaluation. The Dietitian works in collaboration with other members of the health care team including LIPs, nurses, therapists, nutrition associates. The Dietitian represents St. Luke’s Hospital as a nutrition expert and food service consultant to a variety of organizations, provides nutrition lectures, education to students and new staff and participates in community health promotion events. Uses technology to maximize information exchange.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Customer Service Functions
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Four years of college with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics and/or food and nutrition that meets or exceeds the requirement by the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (AND) for the registration examination. Also, an internship or coordinated undergraduate program that meets the AND guidelines.
· Master of Science in Nutrition and Food Service or specialty certification as a Certified Diabetes Educator, a Clinical Nutrition Support Clinician, or Board Certification Specialty from CDR in Gerontology, Renal, Pediatrics or Oncology Nutrition is preferred
Must be a Registered Dietitian (RD). One to three years as an RD is preferred.
· Maintains current registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). Membership in the AND is preferred.
· Maintains a current License to practice Dietetics in the state of Iowa.
· Meets on-going continuing education requirements to maintain License and CDR registration
· Experience using the Nutrition Care Process.
· Experience using computer software to: access clinical resources (nutrition care manual, evidence based practice standards and clinical policies), document patient care (EHR- Epic preferred) , access food service system (CBORD Nutrition Service Suite), create electronic documents.
· Experience in health literacy.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.