UnityPoint Health- Fort Dodge
Radiation Therapist- Radiation Oncology *$7,500 Sign-on Bonus*
FTE: 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
Shifts: Monday - Friday 8a-5p
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
· Interprets and implements prescription, and treatment plan as directed by the Radiation Oncologist.
· Determines the impact of therapeutic interventions on the patient’s condition and recognizes the patient’s progress towards meeting the desired outcomes.
· Educate patients on procedures, skin care, side effects and nutrition.
· Observe patients for physical and emotional changes, side effects and nutrition needs.
· Performs simulation procedures and prepares immobilization devices for various body parts.
· Monitors patients’ clinical progress; withholds treatment if necessary and refers patients to medical or nursing staff for appropriate intervention.
· Operation of the therapeutic equipment, proper patient positioning, monitoring of the patient during the procedure, and related clerical duties.
· Performs daily equipment warm-up and quality assurance procedures.
· Evaluates and assesses treatment machine operations; recognizes machine malfunctions and reports them to physics.
· Adhere to strict radiation safety guidelines.
· Ability to perform procedures regarding quality assurance, emergency shutdown and guidelines that pertain to the operation manuals for equipment.
· Serves as a technical resource person for implementing new techniques or technology.
· Assists in training and evaluation of student therapists if applicable.
· Communicates clearly and concisely with all members of the health care team, patients, and families. Practices effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Meet and adhere to internal quality controls, organizational standards, department policies and procedures, plus strategic goals.
· Accurately complete and chart all simulation and treatment summaries, reports and documentations.
· All other duties as assigned.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and
abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Graduate of accredited school of Radiation Therapy.
Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a staff therapist. Current knowledge of appropriate clinical practice, radiation protection and quality assurance, patient management and care, charges, basic dosimetry and equipment.
Registered in Radiation Therapy by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and licensed by the State of Iowa.
Basic Life Support per Job Description Addendum
The applicant will exhibit the ability to function independently and effectively within a team environment, exercise good judgment, maintain effective interpersonal relationships, adapt to change, evaluate critically, communicate effectively, think creatively, and to organize and plan efficiently.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.