Floor Care Technician
PRN-As Needed. Non-benefitted.
Various shifts available Monday-Friday 9am to 5:30pm with every other week-end and a holiday rotation.
UnityPoint Health is committed to offering our team members a minimum rate of pay of $15 per hour.
Provides routine as well as non-routine specific duties including but not limited to, automatic floor machine, pro-vacuum, battery buffers, parking deck sweeper, etc., carpet care, and hard surface floor care. Also provides pick up and transfer of hazardous chemicals from various departments in the medical center to the chemical shed.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
% of Time
Floor, Carpet and Furniture Care
· Performs floor and furniture care in a safe and efficient manner.
· Strips/waxes floors as assigned.
· Scrubs, strips, waxes, hard floors and extracts carpet in an acceptable manner.
· Operates riding scrubbers and buffers.
· Cleans carpets and furniture with the appropriate equipment and chemicals.
· Utilizes time appropriately while wax or carpets are drying.
· Returns equipment in a neat and clean condition to the appropriate location.
· Uses swing machines, buffers, auto scrubbers, riding buffer, riding scrubber, wet vacuum, blowers, extractors, furniture cleaning equipment and carpet spotter.
· Completes Audio/visual equipment is delivery, returns and maintains with all broken units reported to Lead or Manager.
· Keeps equipment storage area neat and orderly.
· Completes daily job responsibilities in a timely manner.
· Supports the efforts of fellow employees through teamwork.
· Accepts changing conditions, new procedures, and work direction from others.
· Communicates with the appropriate personnel within and outside the department. Wears name badge and uniform according to policies.
· Adheres to the Absent/tardy to maintain their performance.
· Maintains attendance and competencies in all in-services. Assists with all moves and set ups.
· Initiates ideas and procedures to streamline operations.
· Determines which chemical is used for each job. Uses chemicals appropriately 100% of time.
· Chemicals labeled and stored in a safe manner.
· Mixes furniture and carpet cleaning pre-sprays.
· Maintains familiarity with dwell times.
· Keeps closet neat and orderly.
· Transports hazardous material in a safe and appropriate manner with Manager present.
· Wears appropriate PPE at all times.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School graduate or GED equivalent
1 year of experience in/with floor care Preferred.
· Required English Skills
o Basic reading skills
o Basic writing skills
o Basic oral skills
· Communication Skills
o Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
o Interaction with a wide variety of people
o Maintain confidential information
o Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
o Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
· Computer Skills
o Basic Skill
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
· Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.