Remote Work Position
This position is open to remote/work from home with strong preference for candidates residing within the UPH geographies of Iowa, Illinois, & Wisconsin.
As part of Employee Health, you will be part of a team that is working to create a safe, healthy, happy and more stable work environment. When injuries do occur, you will be responsible for helping our team members navigate their medical treatment and the workers’ compensation program. Your role will also include coordinating the investigation process post injury to determine how to prevent future team member injuries.
· Coordinates and manages all care related to work injuries.
· Responsible for ensuring proper workers’ compensation administration, including the appropriate exchange of information between UnityPoint Health, the workers’ compensation vendor, department leaders, and team members with regards to treatment.
· Manages all modified and alternative duty assignments and is a liaison to the department’s management.
· Keeps and maintains all records in accordance with OSHA regulations, applicable state workers’ compensation laws, and the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
· Maintain team member-related risk management database and tools; including gathering and analyzing statistics and trends to identify emerging risks and opportunities and making recommendations so that appropriate decisions can be made in collaboration with human resources, department managers, claims/risk management, compliance and legal counsel.
· Gathers statistics and analyzes trends; makes recommendations so that appropriate decisions can be made in collaboration with human resources, department managers, claims management and legal counsel.
· Continuously improves current work processes to drive efficiency, quality, and lower cost.
· Follows all internal policies and processes, enterprise risk management domains, HIPAA, applicable accreditation standards, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Coordinates projects and programs to improve the health and safety of employees
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Nursing or other related field
2 years leadership, project management, or workers compensation
-Employee/Occupational Health or Infection Prevention experience preferred.
-Project/Program Management experience preferred.