UnityPoint-St. Luke's Hospital
A lead position responsible for effective coordination and oversight of daily patient care activities in Ultrasound (US) Imaging (Hospital based & Sunnybrook Imaging). Accountable for optimization of technical staff resources as well as supplies. Functions as a liaison with the radiologists, physicians, staff and leadership. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of the processes and procedures relating to US services. This includes imaging techniques, computer processing, and QA/QC programs. Assists in formulating strategies for monitoring and assuring continuous quality and quality improvement initiatives. Responsible for customer service initiatives, staff mentoring and leveraging of skills and ability of their team to ensure a patient centered Ultrasound service. The lead will serve as a strong mentor to students and newly hired staff, with accountability & emphasis on their integration & orientation to our organization. The lead technologist shall provide the technical knowledge, expertise and professional judgment required to support the mission and goal of UnityPoint Health - St. Luke’s.
$7,500.00 Sign on bonus!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Communication and Interaction
Equipment and Regulatory Management
uality and Procedure Management
· Graduation of formal Ultrasound training program or equivalent approved by ARDMS
· Bachelor Degree Preferred
· 5 years’ of working experience in US
· 1-2 years of Lead Technologist experience - Preferred
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) credentialed
· Current CPR/BCLS certification or obtained within 30 days for new hire.
· Computer Skills relating to various EMR & Radiology Imaging Systems, PACS
· State/Federal & Regulatory Knowledge, DNV Compliance, ACR Accreditation
· Venipuncture Skills & Experience
· Machines: US Scanners: US Scanners, RIS (Radiology Applications), EMR, PACS, Various office equipment (including but not limited to fax, copier, scanner, digitizer, CD Burner), Telephone skills
· Administrative: The Lead technologist shall demonstrate a working knowledge of technical factors and patient body habitus to perform a variety of US procedures. He/she must maintain knowledge of current department protocols, assist the radiologist in procedures, practice and adhere to safety requirements, utilize RIS/EMR/PACS to process paperwork, assist in training new and student radiographers, perform other assigned duties as requested, practice sterile and isolation techniques resulting in the prevention of cross-contamination and infection. He/she must be able to concentrate on the task at hand and consistently follow procedures, must demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, cooperation, and maintain an attitude of professionalism, strictly adhere to all hospital and departmental safety regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Leadership Experience – Preferred
· CPT Coding/Billing knowledge -- Preferred
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.