Contract Manager - IT
The Contracting Manager is responsible for supporting the contracting needs of UnityPoint Health in primarily the Information Technology (I.T.) space. This position requires experience and in depth knowledge in contracting strategy and processes supporting stakeholders through RFP activities and lead negotiations with all vendors in the I.T. space. The Manager will facilitate the execution, ongoing management, and renewal, extension or termination of I.T. agreements across a wide variety of support related I.T. products and services required in an acute and/or non-acute setting. A key part of the duties will be to work closely with business owners, clinical leadership, general support services leadership and legal counsel to ensure proper agreements, to include terms and conditions and pricing, are in place for all eligible members. This position works closely with the I.T. leadership on software solutions both clinical and operational. This position is responsible for leading the identification and operationalization of opportunities that lead to cost reduction, standardization, efficiency, or other enhancements to the overall value of systems to support UPH I.T. needs. This position relies heavily upon strong communication skills to a wide variety of audiences and through various formats. The Contracting Manager is a key resource in the ongoing management of vendor relationships and will interface frequently with vendor contacts. This position may work directly with all levels within the organization and all levels within the vendor community.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
· Responsible for working with Chief Information Officer and related system leadership to maximize standardization opportunities under system structured agreements and minimize the need for local agreements.
· Works closely with business owners, project management, and special project teams to develop Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) documents by utilizing existing or creating custom templates.
· Facilitates discussion with key stakeholders to understand the business needs and articulate those needs through RFI and RFP documents.
· Coordinates with the Executive Director Information Technology Operations, Chief Information Security Officer, and other IT administration to develop and maintain processes, coordinate priorities, host meetings, and otherwise supports the process for the organization.
· Leads key stakeholders through the review of specific vendor proposals and agreement templates to ensure the business needs of the organization are met.
· Engages with legal counsel to ensure the appropriate terms and conditions are in place to mitigate legal and business risks as it pertains to software products.
· Develops standard terms and conditions to be included in all new agreements and revises those as needed to account for changes to UnityPoint Health’s business needs.
· Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop creative solutions to meet UnityPoint Health’s business needs and concisely translates those solutions into agreements.
· Effectively negotiates with vendors to achieve the needs of UnityPoint Health using a collaborative, relationship driven approach that yields efficient and transparent communication.
· Manages the contracting relationship with strategic vendors by leveraging the overall scope to maximize cost reduction opportunities and achieve terms that are beneficial to the organization.
· Works with key stakeholders, clinical leaders, support services leaders, and Contracting Services leadership to execute agreements in a timely manner.
· Ensures fully executed agreements are communicated and filed appropriately by using the contract management tool in place at the time.
· Contributes ideas and changes for the contract management tool and overall contract management to drive ongoing efficiency and effectiveness.
· Continually and proactively monitors for agreements for expiration, renewal, termination, and other key milestones and clearly communicates action steps to business owners.
· Collaborates with various data analytics groups to produce directional analysis to guide decisions, impact analysis for budget purposes, and proactive analysis to ensure the intended outcome is being achieved.
· Presents finding, recommendations, and strategy to key stakeholders and senior leadership groups as needed and requested in the I.T. space.
· Accurately tracks savings, cost avoidance, and other key indicators of performance to be shared with stakeholders and leadership.
· Efficiently works with vendors to amend agreements as needed to include new growth partners.
· Ensures agreements are properly scaled for existing UnityPoint Health facilities and renegotiates agreements to the appropriately scale for new facilities added.
· Interacts and assists with other projects as part of the larger UPHCS team.
· Maintain a working knowledge of information sources and contracting resources to accurately and efficiently access information and report findings in a meaningful and concise manner.
· Develops and refines contract templates and processes to support efficient operations in the I.T. space.
· Establish effective mechanisms of communication with staff, customers, teams and the organization’s management team to foster an environment of openness, trust and team work.
· Provides input on the departmental plans, goals, standards, procedures, and instructions, which contribute to the effectiveness of the department in accordance with organizational goals.
· Work autonomously and collaboratively with internal and external customers and vendors.
· Identify and communicate operational impact findings to UPH’s Supply Chain leadership on a regular and timely basis.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.