UnityPoint at Home
HME Senior Rehab Specialist
Full-time + benefits
In partnership with the HME leadership team this individual will direct data informed HME decisions including current business analytics as well as future business planning. Develops business plans and pro forma that encourage strategic growth and sustainability. Analyzes data and collaborates with site leaders to help make informed business decisions. Responsible for maintaining critical external relationships with facilities and health care systems. Oversees implementation of integrations and new business implementations.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Patient Assessment and Evaluation
· Assess clients for most appropriate Specialized mobility equipment
· Evaluate clinical needs including physical, functional and sensory assessments
· Ensures care plan development meets the mobility needs of the client
· Research mobility device options that would optimize clients’ needs
· Orders assistive technology equipment based on clinical and financial criteria
· Assembles and customizes, where appropriate, product to defined specifications of the patient
Education and Training
· Provides education to the client on the safe and proper use of the equipment
· Fits and adjusts product to individualize equipment to optimize care
· Creates and implements training for consumer and caregiver(s)
· Maintains knowledge of payer and regulatory requirements
· Involved in obtaining necessary supporting documentation for payment and insurance coverage
· Coordinates provider documentation and timing to ensure reimbursement
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Graduate or GED equivalent
2 years in medical equipment or healthcare related field
5 years in mobility related field
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Strong customer focus
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.