Methodist Medical Center Foundation (This position is located at the Proctor Hospital Campus.)
40 hours a week: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Development Associate duties and responsibilities include providing clerical support to ensure efficient operation of the Foundation team. Supports development staff through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Development Associate duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to Director of Development.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
% of Time
· Maintenance of Donor Database and Gift Processing
· Makes cash/check deposits at least weekly
· Processes credit card payments, matching gifts, ACH transfers and other gifts as needed
· Updates constituent records to maintain accurate up-to-date information including but not limited to; obituaries, new employees, employee terminations, contact information changes, name changes, etc.
· Runs invoices, pledge forms, statements and other items as requested for donor relations
· Prepares and prints thank you letters and envelopes for donor as well as memorial/honorary gifts, Methodist College student scholarship thank yous, Foundation scholarship award letters, Foundation solicitation mailings, and others as needed
· Maintain We Matter Together campaign spreadsheet to track employee giving annually
· Submit requests to Payroll for Foundation payroll deduction gifts at least monthly
· Send thank you email and badge backer to employees who sign up for payroll deduct gifts via Microsoft Form or NTMO at least every other week and create new constituent record in donor database
· Maintain Day-to-Day Operations of Foundation Department
· Answer Foundation phone, take messages and return or allocate calls where appropriate
· Maintain and answer or allocate Foundation emails from both email accounts
· Shows good judgment in both telephone and email screening process, getting messages to the appropriate Development staff member in a timely manner
· Schedules meetings for Foundation campaigns and events
· Attends meetings regularly as need and takes meeting notes for Director of Development and Foundation Vice President
· Approach problems with systematic and critical thinking, considering issues from all angles and offering suggestions / solutions that assist with projects
· Demonstrates a well-developed ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people
· Maintains FOUNDCOM folder in I: Drive and ensures electronic organization and consistency
· Enter donor meeting notes and actions for development staff and Foundation Vice President in donor database as needed
· Attend and assist with Foundation Campaigns and Events as needed
· Other duties as needed to contribute to overall success of the Foundation team
Facilitate Employee Crisis Fund and COVID-19 Crisis Fund
· Receive/respond to Employee Crisis Fund and COVID-19 Crisis Fund applications in a timely manner
· Facilitates evaluation process of Employee Crisis Fund and COVID-19 Crisis Fund applications following the Employee Crisis Fund policy
· Notifies applicant of committee’s decision in a timely manner
· For approved applications, process check requests for award payments maintaining communication with applicant on status
· Maintains accurate records of Crisis Fund applications
· Maintains high level of confidentiality when processing applications as well as communicating with crisis fund committee members
· Maintains accurate information on Employee Crisis and COVID-19 Crisis Fund applications on the HUB
Facilitate Foundation Scholarships and Grant/Continuing Education Awards
· Receives Foundation scholarship applications and maintain accurate records every year
· Facilitates Foundation scholarship application vetting process with reviewers
· Notifies Foundation scholarship applicants of decision and answer applicant questions as needed
· Processes scholarship award payments with school directly
· Replies to Foundation Grant and Continuing Education applicants with confirmation of application
· Verifies application is complete and accurate and submits application to Foundation DOD
· Maintains record of Foundation Grant and Continuing Education applications received as well as their status in the Foundation review process per Foundation Grants policy
· Notifies Foundation Grant and Continuing Education applicants of decision
· Processes Foundation Grant and Continuing Education reimbursement requests on a monthly basis and maintain record of grant funding status
· Maintains accurate information on the Foundation Grant and Continuing Education applications on the HUB
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Associate's Degree in the field(s) of secretarial, business or related field Preferred
1-3 years of experience in/with communication and/or Philanthropy/Fundraising environment preferred.
Organization / Prioritization of Tasks
Advanced reading skills
MS Office Apps
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.