Administrative Secretary - Home Care
Full Time Benefitted
Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
no weekends no holidays
Provides administrative support to the Director of Home Health, Hospice, Palliative Care and Private Duty and the service line.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
% of Time
Supports Service Line in daily operations.
· Supports the Director of Home Health, Hospice, Palliative Care, Private Duty
· Performs secretarial duties which include preparing and typing letters, memos, forms, charts, and presentations.
· Organizes and completes assignments independently, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
· Work is completed accurately with little intervention and little time is spent is reworking to correct grammar punctuation errors.
· Maintains complete, easy to retrieve files with information that is readily accessible (electronically and on paper).
· Demonstrates initiative in organizing and prioritizing tasks, making for smooth workflow and positive, successful outcomes.
· Meets urgent deadlines successfully.
· Multi-tasks and works under pressure with many interruptions but is able to complete projects or work tasks successfully.
· Demonstrates resourcefulness in resolving issues or inquires. Does so in an independent manner.
· Proactively anticipates needs, both defined and undefined, as evidenced by customer compliments, enhanced or newly developed processes that improve work flow and effective communication.
· Demonstrates a well-developed ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people.
· Demonstrates the ability to adapt to changing priorities and work with tight turnaround times.
· Assists the areas in preparing for JCAHO, State and Medical Reviews.
· Arranges audio-teleconferences, which includes registering, payment processing, scheduling of room and equipment and notifying participants. Ensures all needed materials for presentation arrive and are copied before the teleconference. Ensures connectivity to teleconference before it begins.
· Coordinates meetings in an effective and efficient manner and types and distributes agendas and minutes to meeting participants. - Schedules times and locations; ensures needed equipment, etc. is scheduled and available - Takes minutes at meetings as assigned
Performs a wide variety of secretarial duties for Home Health and Hospice in an efficient and timely manner.
· Provides secretarial support for Home Health and Hospice managers and coordinators.
· Serves as receptionist for all visitors to the department.
· Oversees the weekly Managers’ Update newsletter.
· Maintains posted communication for all staff.
· Responsible for the recording and maintenance of all staff attendance and meeting minutes for the department.
· Maintains posted communication for all staff.
· Submits policies to Director for approval, make copies and updates manuals with new policies; updates manual's indices.
· Responsible for maintaining all components of the department policy manual including the following activates, typing, filling, approval, and the electronic and hardcopy retrieval and archiving.
· Coordinates all maintenance / cleaning requests for Home Health and Hospice.
Manages office supplies, medical/surgical supplies and office equipment to assure minimal interruptions to daily operations of Home Health and Hospice.
· Orders and maintains ongoing office and computer supplies and follow up on all requisitions in a timely manner.
· Orders and maintains ongoing supply of clinical and office forms and follows up on all requisitions in a timely manner.
· Executes all purchase requisitions for the department. Must maintain effective tracking system that will assist the Director in meeting budget and policy requirements.
· Distributes inventory and organize departmental supply area to ensure that all inventory is kept at an appropriate level.
· Keeps medical / surgical supply room orderly, notifying SPD when par levels need to change. Maintains stock so that no outdated supplies are held in stock.
· Performs monthly reports on departments financial accountability and purchase requisitions.
· Serves as key operator for departments copy and fax machines.
· Responsible for overseeing the office equipment maintenance and supply needs.
Responsible for monitoring and recording of Kronos time system for Home Health.
· Reviews Kronos reports and updates for payroll
· Data enters all time from staff completed time slips
· Confirms time with staff when data presented is unclear or incomplete
· Monitors manual punches and records on Kronos report
· Circulates Kronos reports for Manager's review
· Logs absences, vacation, PTO, bereavement, etc.
· Notifies Director/Manager of time card issues.
· Provides overtime and accrual reports on request
· Performs and distributes department work hours bi-weekly.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School graduate or GED equivalent
1-3 years of experience in/with secretarial background, including the demonstration of effective human relations and communication skills.
Must have typing and computer skills, be detail oriented and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
Prior experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
Required English Skills
· Basic reading skills
· Basic writing skills
· Basic oral skills
· Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
· Interaction with a wide variety of people
· Maintain confidential information
· Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
· Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
· Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
· MS Office Apps
· Web Browser
· MS Word
· MS PowerPoint.
· MS Excel.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.