Sign-On Bonus: $3,000 for qualifying applicants!
We are looking for a Patient Care Tech to work in our 5 Med/Surg department. Work hours will be evenings, 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm, for 24 hours per pay period. There is a holiday and a every other weekend rotation.
The 5th floor Medical/Surgical main unit has 20 beds and an overflow area with 21 beds. We provide excellent care for primarily medical patients suffering from a wide variety of medical problems, from pneumonia to heart failure. We are looking for stat that enjoy working as a team on a busy unit.
Under the supervision of an RN, the Patient Care Technician (PCT) provides direct patient care. Performs procedures for patients and provides technical services and support. Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, improved patient care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma/GED or
· Successful completion of Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) program with active registration on Iowa Direct Care Registry
· OR at least at a junior level in an accredited BSN program
Previous healthcare experience
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or within three (3) months from date of hire.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· State of Iowa Mandatory Reporter Training possessed or completed within 6 months of hire.