Methodist, Mental Health Center
Full-Time 40 hours/week, Benefitted
1st shift, Monday-Friday
Under the direct supervision of the Project Director, the Community Liaison provides outreach services to youth, families, and community organizations. The Liaison assists families with identifying needs, navigating community systems, and engaging in the System of Care. The Liaison leads efforts to increase community awareness of the System of Care and engage community partners in the collaborative approach.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 10% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Main Function: Family and Community Engagement
· Understands and actively promotes SOC throughout the tri-county area, identifying ways in which efforts aimed at improving outcomes for children and families can be better coordinated.
· Actively participates in community-based outreach
· Assesses family's needs and functioning, links to appropriate services, and advocates on their behalf
· Supports families in navigating child and adolescent care-giving systems (education, mental health, juvenile justice, health care, Child Welfare) by providing information and linkage
· Provides empowerment and education for families
· Engages community members in the Community Advisory Committee
· Maintains appropriate documentation
Main Function: Community Outreach
· Engages in marketing efforts in collaboration with the UnityPlace marketing team
· Recruits community stakeholders for the Implementation Team
· Collaborates with other service providers, schools, healthcare facilities
· Facilitate focus groups and educational sessions in community settings
· Supports SOC planning inclusive of overcoming obstacles, addressing stigma and providing support
· Participates in a variety of cross-functional teams and performance improvement activities
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Minimum of High School Diploma/GED
Experience working with families and organizations in the community
Experience with the behavioral health system in our community
Valid driver’s license
Ability to travel
Writes, reads, comprehends, and speaks fluent English
Basic understanding of Microsoft office programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Listen to needs of family and youths
Knowledge of local service providers
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Required to utilize own vehicle for work purposes.
May transport involved families for services