Home Care Consultant
Full Time Benefits
The Home Care Consultant is a professional responsible for facilitating and collaborating in the hospital setting to effectively and efficiently transition patients to home care and the ambulatory space.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Specializes in knowledge of the agency’s service lines, service areas, and community services
· Responsible for looking at the individual needs of each patient/customer and matching those needs to the many services UnityPoint at Home has to offer utilizing available tools.
· Responsible for offering choice and arranging for UnityPoint at Home to follow at SNF.
· Coordinates services for patients from referral sources, patient/customers.
· Maintains excellent customer service.
· Maintains a working knowledge of relevant regulations and third party guidelines affecting patients and the operation of our business.
· Sends referrals to Community Liaison if applicable in region.
· Notifies intake and all necessary parties on all same day visits and when patient discharge is known.
· Forwards all referrals with complete information to intake.
· Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with hospital, ambulatory staff, and referral sources.
· Establishes and maintains community and customer/referral source expectations and perceptions of UnityPoint at Home as a high quality provider of services
· Assists other team members as needed.
· Completes RL Solutions reports for identified occurrences/complaints and communicates to leadership as appropriate
· Ensures accurate demographics, payor source, and PCP on all referrals.
· Maintains daily lists for tracking purposes and discharges
· Operates computer system to record/document and retrieve information to ensure appropriate agency services are a seamless transition
· Documents accurately and timely in EPIC.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses – or – graduate of board approved program within other licensed/certified healthcare disciplines
All staff are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate manager. In addition, staff are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All staff must attend mandatory educational programs.
RN; will consider other health care credentials such as PT, OT, COTA, PTA, Speech or Respiratory Therapist with 3-5 years of hospital, home care, and community experience in place of RN
Previous sales/marketing experience
2 years of home care experience (RN)
Valid license as a Registered Nurse in applicable state
If background is not nursing, valid credential in healthcare profession is required
Person Centered Care (PCC) course completion within first 12 months of hire and annual completion of competency validation activities
Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s) requirement
Valid driver’s license with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements
· Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills
· Strong problem solving skills with previous customer service experience
· Basic knowledge of computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel) and operations
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
· Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with physicians, health care team members, third party payers, and members of their support services
· Demonstrates flexibility, priority setting, problem solving, conflict resolution, negotiating and networking skills, decision-making, work organization, and excellent verbal/written communication skills
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position