The Registered Nurse (RN) Care Navigator is supervised by the Manager, CCBHC and provides care to consumers utilizing the Robert Young Center principles of Trauma Informed Care. The RN Care Navigator provides comprehensive care coordination services for the population of focus including adults, children, and/or adolescents with Serious Mental Illness (SMI), Co-occurring disorders (COD), or Severe Emotional Disturbances (SED). The RN Care Navigator provides mental health assessment, intervention, and consultation, then plans treatment modalities, coordinates treatment plans, and follow clients through the treatment process. The RN Care Navigator functions as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) according to the Illinois Register Department of Healthcare and Family Services 89 Ill. Adm. Code 140, may provide supervision to Mental Health Professionals (MHP), and may train students assigned in the department. The RN delivers customer service and works cooperatively with other departments. The RN provides crisis intervention, maintains accurate clinical documentation, and demonstrates Trinity’s principles and values when interacting with consumers, families, visitors, physicians and coworkers.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
· Uses the nursing process to deliver high quality care appropriate to the age and educational level of the consumer.
· Collects and synthesizes comprehensive data that are pertinent to the consumer’s health and/or situation.
· Analyzes the assessment data to determine diagnoses, problems, and areas of focus for care and treatment, including level of risk.
· Develops a consumer-centered plan to attain expected outcomes.
· Implements a specified plan: Coordinates care delivery, employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment; uses knowledge of pharmacological, biological and complimentary interventions to restore health and prevent further disability; provides structure and maintains a safe therapeutic recovery oriented environment; uses the therapeutic relationship and counseling interventions to assist health care consumers.
· Evaluates progress towards attainment of expected outcomes.
· Responds to chronically mentally ill clients in the community as well as RYC and Trinity locations in need of crises intervention.
· Sustains efforts to engage individual consumers and their families.
· Provides linkages to behavioral health services and programs (e.g., psychiatric services, medication management, transportation assistance).
· Provides counseling, problem-solving and personal support.
· Provides disease management and holistic consumer care.
· Engages the consumer’s family and personal support system.
Preferred or Specialized
· Graduate of an accredited BA, BS, BSW nursing program.
· 1 year of supervised experience in a behavioral health or hospital clinical setting.
· RN licensure in the state of Illinois and must apply for RN Iowa licensure within 90 days of hire.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
· Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training within 6 months of hire.
· Valid driver’s license required.
· Knowledge of nursing care required for patients throughout the age continuum.
· Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to a wide range of client situations using the nursing process.
· Able to accurately collect and assess information, understand ethical standards of behavioral healthcare, and utilize teaching/learning theories.
· Demonstrated excellent communication skills (orally and in writing) and presents self in a professional manner.
· Able to establish effective consultative relationship with health care providers, outside agencies, co-workers, and the community.
· Able to work sensitively with clients.
· Able to handle multiple priorities, maintain composure under stress, and adapt to a fast-paced changing environment.
· Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) applications