Responsible for driving and overseeing organizational performance and process improvement (PPI) initiatives by partnering with subject matter experts to form and coach multidisciplinary improvement teams. PPI focus will be consistent with the hospital’s mission, vision, and the UnityPoint Health Roadmap. Serves as an internal expert on improvement methodology, tools for improving processes, and data collection related to continuous improvement efforts.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
Implementation of Performance and Process Improvement Strategy
· Facilitate problem solving using process improvement/quality methodologies and principles
· Assists with process improvement using Six Sigma, Lean, and other process improvement/quality methodologies and principles
· Analyze, report, and present results of PPI work
· Support continuous improvement workshops and projects
· Conduct process assessments utilizing both internal and external requirements and standards
· Responsible for the coordination and evaluation of quality improvement activities
Process Improvement Education and Consultation
· Maintain knowledge of current trends in the field of healthcare quality, particularly relating to job focus
· Training of other team members on process improvement principles, methodology and tools.
· Assists with compliance of The Joint Commission (TJC) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) standards and TJC continuous readiness
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Bachelor's degree in healthcare related discipline, business, engineering, organizational development, behavioral science, or related field required.
· Master’s degree in healthcare related discipline, business, engineering, organizational development, behavioral science, or related field preferred.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in performance/process/quality improvement models and methodology required
· CPHQ Certification, Lean Six Sigma, ASQ certification preferred.
· American Society of Quality (ASQ) Certifications, and/or Healthcare Quality Professional Certification (CPHQ) preferred.
· Lean Six Sigma certification strongly preferred
· Strong leadership, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
· Strong organization and time management skills.
· Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.