Monday-Friday (Business Hours)
Director of Perioperative Business Services (DPBS) provides operational and business leadership alongside the Director of Surgical Services. The DPBS is responsible for management of multiple projects requiring high level analysis and execution that may have hospital wide implications.This position oversees all business processes in Perioperative Services Division.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Strategic Planning/Business Development
Data Management and Analysis
OR Billing and Surgical Scheduling Management
· Master’s degree in related field preferred; Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, MBA, or MHA
· Business Management degree
· Masters (MBA, MHA)
· 3-5 years of previous Perioperative services leadership/experience
· General knowledge of the budgetary process
· 1 to 2 years’ experience using automated information systems with particular emphasis on database maintenance and management and spreadsheet software. (Excel, Word, Pivot Tables, Power Point)
· Clinical experience in a perioperative setting
· Hospital budget systems development and management
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· OR Tech or RN
· Epic Certification
· Knowledge of Epic OpTime Reporters Workbench writing programs or similar
· Strong understanding of OR business processes
· General knowledge of the purchasing process as it relates to procuring supplies and equipment for the department, including but not limited to:
o Obtaining equipment quotations
o Capital Request Forms
o Supply Request forms
o Contract Terms
· Well versed in current health care reimbursement trends and changes
· General knowledge of workflows for OR Billing, scheduling, surgical preauthorization process
· Strong understanding of medical terminology
· Strong command and understanding of perioperative electronic medical record including scheduling, charging, report writing, analytics, data structures, preference cards, supply management, etc.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
· Skilled in continuous improvement cycle
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to drive results in a matrixed environment
· Epic OpTime (or similar system), Reporters Workbench, Clarity
· HR Management
o Corrective Action/Counseling
o Performance Reviews
o Hire and termination process
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.