Sports Medicine Clinic
Clinic Hours: M-Th 745a-4:30pm, Fridays 8a-Noon
PRN or As Needed
*Please note this role does not offer a set amount of hours per week or benefits since it is PRN or As Needed but you will be provided with a schedule in advance
Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures. Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status. Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-10 coding. Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
Click the link below to check out a Day In the Life of a CMA at UnityPoint:
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Development and Patient Education
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
• High school diploma required if work is performed in a moderately complex CLIA lab.
• Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
• Computer data entry experience.
· Current CME certification for Certified Medical Assistant and AAMA, NCCT, RMA or NHA (Peoria region only) certification.
· BLS and Mandatory Reporter certification.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.