**$10,000 New Hire Sign-on Bonus**
Shift Differential: $5.00/hour between 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM; $7.50/hour between 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM **(at minimum of 4 hours worked)**
Weekend Differential: An additional $7.50/hour between Fridays at 11:00 PM - Mondays at 7:00 AM
UnityPoint Health-Trinity is accepting applications for an RN position on our Surgical Orthopedic Unit at our Rock Island Trinity location. This is a 46 bed fast paced surgical inpatient unit. This position also works on our 12 bed Recovery Care Center a short stay surgical unit in our Moline Campus. Surgeries seen on these units include orthopedic, gastrointestinal, vascular, neurologic, gynecologic, and urologic. This variety give the nurse the opportunity to work with different types of patients on a daily basis, providing an experience that will both challenge you and help you grow as a nurse. We have full time, 12 hour day and night positions available. When you choose to join UnityPoint Health, you'll receive the opportunity to grow your health care career and be part of an atmosphere that values teamwork - no matter the setting. If you would like to be a part of a team that centers around patient care and team communication consider working for us.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
· Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assesses and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Diploma from an RN program. BSN degree, preferred.
Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in primary state. Must apply within 90 days for licensure in secondary state. Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft Office – basic computer skills. Customer/patient focused. Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities.
Level 3; Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.