Choose a career that matters with UnityPoint Health Des Moines! UnityPoint Health - Des Moines is a family of four hospitals including Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Iowa Lutheran Hospital, Blank Children's Hospital and Methodist West Hospital. Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve our patients and visitors every day.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, manages scheduling of and preparation of chemotherapy, TPN’s, IV additive solutions, and irrigating solutions using aseptic technique in the laminar air flow hoods. Maintains and backups computer systems as needed. These services are provided to neo-natal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric customers.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Must be high school graduate or equivalent
· Must be able to proficiently read, write and speak English
· Must have strong math skills, with some basic algebra
· Some college training preferred
P1 Students are highly preferred
· One year of experience in a hospital or retail pharmacy desirable
· Experience in a health care facility desirable
· Proficient in using computer systems
· Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist-Intern, if enrolled in a college of pharmacy, with the Iowa Board of Pharmacy within 30 days of employment
· Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or other national certification provider
· Must maintain a current Iowa Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist-Intern registration and be in good standing with the Iowa Board of Pharmacy Examiners
· Must provide a photocopy of a renewal certificate to the Pharmacy Management Team prior to the expiration date of current certificate
The following are performed on an as needed basis:
· This position may be assigned a specific mission in an emergency situation to assist in disaster response and recovery as part of the UPH-DM Hospital Emergency Incident Command System. Situations of a critical nature may require an individual to perform multiple tasks until additional support can be obtained
· Functions other than described above may be needed occasionally required to provide optimal patient care