This position has considerable knowledge of and is responsible for the installation, preventative maintenance, trouble shooting and repair of all kinds and types of Electrical equipment and systems. Coordinates, trains, monitors the work of others and performs the work of an Electrician and other skilled work of considerable difficulty at all TRHS facilities. This position completes regulatory documentation reports related to electrical systems. This position will work rotating weekends and holidays and will rotate being on-call. Must utilize good communication and customer relation skills.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
· Under minimal supervision is responsible for the safety, reliability and operation of Electrical equipment, systems and components. This includes fire alarm systems, lighting, switchgear, variable frequency drives, panel boards, and any other assigned equipment and systems located throughout all TRHS facilities.
· Will complete regulatory reports related to Electrical systems.
· Assist with zone maintenance as needed.
· Assist with snow removal.
· Assist in moving furniture, equipment, etc.
· Perform competency testing in their area of specialization and provide training for other service technicians.
· Perform Infection Control Risk Assessments and submit them to Infection Prevention when required to obtain ICRA permits for work in patient areas.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school graduate or GED equivalent. Diploma or certificate from a two year technical school or recognized equivalent correspondence course in electronics or electricity
Licensed electrician. Some supervisory experience is desirable.
4 years working in the maintenance and/or repair field with 1 year working as an Electrician or Electronics Tech.
4 or more years working in the healthcare maintenance field.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Current ASSE 6040 Medical Gas Systems certification.
Must be able to read and understand written and verbal instructions. Must demonstrate the ability to learn to solve complex problems under minimal supervision. Must demonstrate the ability to utilize blue prints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and measuring and testing equipment to solve problems of considerable difficulty and to verify proper functioning and operation of equipment, systems, or facilities. Must learn regulations, codes, and standards related to Health Care Electrical requirements.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.