COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
Description of Position:
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, Child & Adolescent Services, the LMHP may provide: diagnostic assessments, treatment planning, and consultations to individuals, families, and/or groups identified as having psychiatric and/or substance use disorders. The LMHP will develop treatment plans to include individualized, patient centered therapeutic modalities and interventions, coordinate treatment plans with other providers, and provide care coordination as indicated for patients. LMHP may provide crisis evaluation as needed. The LMHP is recognized as a Licensed Mental Health Professional as defined by code in the States of IA and IL.
The LMHP will work in an integrated team including: nurses, BHTs, MHPs, QMHP’s, OTs, physicians, psychiatrists, APN’s and others. LMHP may work in a child, adolescent, or adult, outpatient or inpatient psychiatry or substance abuse setting. LMHP may work a rotating shift to include coverage on weekends and holidays. LMPH may provide transportation of patients as needed.
The LMHP will actively practice Trauma Informed Care Guiding Principles as defined by Robert Young Center. The LMHP will adhere to the code of ethics as defined by their respective governing boards: National Association of Social Workers (NASW), American Counseling Association (ACA), or American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT).
% of Time
Clinical & Practice Expertise
· Conduct comprehensive diagnostic and psycho-social assessments.
· Develop and implement patient centered, strengths-based, and trauma informed treatment plans.
· Provided therapeutic interventions to support patients and families both emotionally and behaviorally across a variety of settings including: outpatient, inpatient, school based, and other community based settings.
· Provide assessment and treatment for patients and families in crisis situations and emergencies as needed.
· Provide therapeutic groups on a variety of wellness and mental and behavioral health topics.
· Build relationships with patients and families to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns.
· Advocated for services and resources that meet patient’s needs and preferences.
· Act as a liaison and resource between the community and patient; coordinate treatment goals with community agencies, primary care physicians, court system, and managed-care entities.
· Maintain records and documentation according to RYC, accreditation standards and regulatory bodies.
· Provide supervision to QMHP or MHP clinicians who perform assessment and treatment.
· Provide supervision to social work, counseling, or other students/interns assigned to department.
· Participate in routine and newly emerging clinical practice, in-service and competency training as direct by Clinical Manager.
· Provide coverage in other Child & Adolescent service line departments as requested.
· Provide on-call coverage as scheduled or needed throughout the Child & Adolescent service line.
· Participate in RYC work groups, task force, or committees as requested by Clinical Manager.
· Actively participate and contribute to UnityPoint Health – RYC Strategic Plan Goals.
Service Line Accountability
· Meet service line productivity targets.
· Achieve dual licensure in Iowa and Illinois as needed to maximize work assignment in bi-state area.
· Actively embrace and support the practice philosophy of RYC Child and Adolescent Services.
· Continuously stay abreast of best practice therapeutic skills through active learning and professional education.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies, procedures, and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, CARF, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or a related field.
Two years of experience in a community mental health or inpatient psychiatry or substance abuse setting.
Holds a current independent clinical license from the Illinois and/or Iowa Department of Public Health in one of the following: Social Work, Professional Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy.
Valid Driver’s License.
Demonstrates an ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to a range of client situations.
Is able to recognize signs of suicidal behavior and assess for lethality.
Is able to accurately assess and diagnose; mental health conditions and develop treatment plans and interventions with clients.
Proficient in providing clinical supervision
Possesses interpersonal skills, professional attitude and understands the ethical standards of behavioral healthcare.
Able to interpret rules and regulations.
Possesses good written and oral communication skills.
Ability to work independently, plan and organize daily work.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.