Days, occassional evenings and weekends
The Program Director will inspire and cultivate academic excellence. Organizes, administers, reviews, develops, and assures effectiveness of the medical laboratory science and phlebotomy programs. Oversees ongoing program accreditation and assures effective program operations. Participates with the financial budget process. Provides didactic and clinical education as assigned based on rank and credentials. Maintains current knowledge of the professional discipline and educational methodologies through continuing professional development.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Teaching and Professionalism
Program Assessment & Accreditation
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Medical Laboratory Scientist who holds nationally recognized ASCP-BOC generalist certification and who possesses a master’s degree in a related discipline
Three years’ experience in medical laboratory science education.
· Medical Laboratory Scientist who holds ASCP-BOC generalist certification
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons
· ASCP-BOC Specialist Certification
· Knowledge of Regulatory and NAACLS Accrediting Standards
· Knowledge of medical laboratory science and phlebotomy techniques
· Ability to estimate expenses and monitor them.
· Curriculum design skills
· Instructional skills in a variety of methodologies including online and other distance learning modalities
· Assessment and evaluation skills of student and program outcomes
· Interpersonal Communication Skills
· Organizational Skills
· Problem Solving Skills
· Flexibility; adaptability
· Ability to Collaborate
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions and managing multiple priorities
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Must earn a minimum of 36 credits of professional development per three-year period