We are looking for a part-time RN to join our Outpatient Care Unit. Work hours will be days, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, for 16 hours per pay period. You will work rotating days of the week.
The RN is responsible for the delivery of safe and reliable patient care, in coordination with the healthcare team. The primary role of the RN is the execution of the nursing process in providing required care and evaluation of the care given. Responsibilities include: assessment, nursing diagnoses related to focus problem areas, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care. Performance of these responsibilities requires specialized knowledge, critical thinking and skills based on principles of psychological, social, physical and biological sciences that utilize the nursing process.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Leadership and Professional Development
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited nursing program (Must obtain BSN within 5 years of hire)
Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree in Nursing
2-3 years of prior inpatient nursing experience.
· Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Iowa.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Demonstrates proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required to perform basic/advanced nursing procedures in the administration of medication therapy and the operation of specialized equipment
· Ability to complete a basic computer course on the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) through in-hospital training
· Basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Microsoft Office experience
· Satisfactory completion of Finley Nurse Residency program with 1 year of start date for all nurses with minimal or no prior acute care experience.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.