Part-Time (no benefits)
Primarily 3-1130pm, rotation of weekends, holiday. NO CALL!
Under the direction of the Radiologist; the Radiologic Technologist shall perform a wide variety of procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of radiation for the diagnosis of disease in patients of all ages. They also provide the technical knowledge, expertise & professional judgment required to support the mission, vision, and values of UnityPoint Health St. Luke’s.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
Communication and Interaction
Equipment and Regulatory Management
Quality and Procedure Management
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduation of Radiology program accredited through the American Registry of Radiologic Technology approved by IDPH
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· American Registry of Radiology Technologist
· Iowa Department of Public Health Permit to Practice
· Current CPR/BCLS certification or obtained within 30 days for new hire.
· Computer Skills relating to various EMR & Radiology Imaging Systems, PACS
· Venipuncture Skills & Experience
· Machines: Variety of Diagnostic Radiographic Imaging Equipment. RIS (Radiology Applications), EMR, PACS, Various office equipment (including but not limited to fax, copier, scanner, digitizer, CD Burner), Telephone skills
· Administrative: The Technologist shall demonstrate a working knowledge of technical factors and patient body habitus to perform a variety of procedures. He/she must maintain knowledge of current department protocols, assist the radiologist in procedures, practice and adhere to radiation protection requirements, utilize RIS/EMR/PACS to process paperwork, assist in training new and student radiographers, perform other assigned duties as requested, practice sterile and isolation techniques resulting in the prevention of cross-contamination and infection. He/she must be able to concentrate on the task at hand and consistently follow procedures, must demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, cooperation, and maintain an attitude of professionalism, strictly adhere to all hospital and departmental safety regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.