Qualified Behavioral Health Professional-UnityPlace
Full-Time 40 hours/week, Benefitted
1st Shift with 1 evening/week and/or some Saturday mornings
***$10,000 sign on bonus***
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Outpatient Behavioral Health will provide behavioral health assessment, intervention, and consultation to individuals and/or groups identified as having behavioral health needs; plans treatment modalities, coordinates and follows treatment plans. Will provide crisis evaluation and intervention as needed. The QBHP is recognized as a Qualified Mental Health Professional under Medicaid Community-Based Mental Health Services Rule 140.
About UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace:
UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace is proud to offer the most comprehensive addiction and mental health services in the Peoria, Illinois region to you and your family. UnityPlace was formed by the joining of UnityPoint Health®, Human Service Center and Tazwood Center for Wellness in April of 2019. UnityPlace is a new non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the growing behavioral health care needs of the community. Our compassionate and committed treatment team is comprised of many experts from psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Our goal is to deliver comprehensive behavioral healthcare to optimize the patient's well-being. It is our privilege to partner with our patients on their journey of healing.
As a member of the UnityPlace Team, our team members are eligible for a benefits package including:
Additional benefits are available, apply today to discuss our full benefits package!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
· Performs diagnostic assessments, collects diagnostic information, and determines immediate treatment plan needs with patients. Requests medical consultation, where indicated, in a diligent and timely manner.
· Completes treatment plan in conjunction with patient, identifying goals/objectives that are connected to needs identified in the assessment.
· Provides behavioral health therapy to individuals, families and/or groups identified as having behavioral health needs.
· Coordinates with Emergency Response Service and other crisis service teams for clients presenting who may be a danger to self or others.
· Maintains records in accordance with UnityPlace policies, as well as state and federal oversight agencies and accreditation agencies including Joint Commission, Medicaid, Medicaid Rehabilitation Option, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Commercial Insurances.
· Acts as a liaison and resource between the community and patient needs; coordinates treatment goals with community agencies, primary care physicians, court system, and managed-care entities.
· Meets clinical productivity standards
· Meets compliance standards for all documentation and clinical charts.
· Participates in in-service and competency training.
· Prepares special reports as needed on activities, and work group activities.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, Joint Commission, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of UnityPlace administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Master’s degree in counseling and guidance, rehabilitation counseling, social work, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, or a related field.
Current LPC or LSW
Successfully completed 1,000 hours of practicum and/or internship under clinical and educational supervision; or
One year of documented clinical experience under the supervision of a QMHP.
Minimum of two years of experience in a mental health setting.
Current LPC or LSW preferred.
Obtain Illinois licensure as LCPC, LCSW, or LMFT preferred
Demonstrates an ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to a range of client situations; has the ability to accurately assess and diagnose; can develop treatment plans and interventions with clients; possesses interpersonal skills, professional attitude and understands the ethical standards of behavioral healthcare.
Able to interpret rules and regulations.
Possesses good written and oral communication skills.
Has the ability to plan and organize their work.
Is able to recognize signs of suicidal behavior, assess for lethality, and respond in a clinically appropriate manner.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.