We are looking for a PRN staff to work in our Switchboard department. Work hours will vary per required need. There are no set or guaranteed hours. We are looking for someone that has flexibility as they could be needed on 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift. As a PRN employee you are required to work a minimum of (1) 8 or 12 hour shift per month, (2) weekends per year and (1) holiday per year.
The Communication Specialist is responsible for providing courteous, prompt and effective operator services, paging functions, public address paging, monitoring and reporting for emergency systems, as well as release of proper patient information. This position uses radios, telephones and computer equipment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School diploma or GED
Previous medical experience or experience as a telephone/switchboard operator
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Effective organization and time management skills
· Familiar with/ability to use general office equipment:
o Multi-line Telephone system
o Copy Machine
o Fax Machine
o Printers and Scanners
o Windows-based computers
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to communicate well verbally and with a variety of persons.
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to react quickly to emergent situations and remain calm.
· Knowledge of medical procedures, testing and preparation
· Knowledge of medical terminology
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.