Monday-Friday: 3:00pm to 11:30pm, with every other week-end and a holiday rotation.
To clean all public and patient areas in the medical center on a routine basis to provide a clean aesthetic environment. To perform special functions as assigned and required by the Environmental Services Coordinator.
*****UnityPoint Health is committed to offering our team members a minimum rate of pay of $15 per hour or more.
This position qualifies for a $1,500 sign-on bonus!!!!!!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
% of Time
Quality of Work
· Follows all departmental cleaning procedures.
· Observes and follows Safety and Sanitation guidelines.
· Makes sure all areas are cleaned thoroughly and consistently with little or no discrepancies.
· Strives to reach Patient Satisfaction goals.
· Offers assistance to others when census in their area is low.
· Utilizes Wet Floor signs. Wears appropriate PPE.
· Performs turnover activities rapidly and accurately.
· Uses downtime to improve unit appearance and accepts additional assignments.
Quantity of Work
· Schedules is completed on a daily basis.
· Completes project work assigned.
· Initiates project work.
· Seeks to perform outside of schedule.
· Implements procedures to increase productivity.
· Equipment properly maintained (vacuum bags and filters changed).
· Keeps housekeeping closet, mop sink and cart neat and orderly.
· Leaves carts stocked for the next day.
Job Knowledge/Problem Solving
· Assess daily workflow and make changes as deemed necessary.
· Maintains knowledge of duties, chemicals and equipment.
· Resourcefulness and effectiveness in dealing with stressful situations and emergencies.
· Adapts to all changing routines.
· Maintains knowledge of location of various support areas.
· Stays current on all inservices.
· Supports the efforts of fellow employees through teamwork.
· Coordinates efforts and cooperates with all levels of staff, inside and outside the department.
· Accepts changing conditions, new procedures and direction from others.
· Communicates with appropriate personnel within and outside the department.
· Assists other department staff by volunteering, filling in and accepting additional work not normally part of the job.
· Adheres to all UnityPoint Health and EVS policies and procedures.
· Wears appropriate name badge and uniform according to department policies.
· Attends and competencied on all inservices.
· Adheres to the Absent/tardy to maintain their performance.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School graduate or GED equivalent
1 year of experience in/with professional cleaning not necessary but Preferred.
· Required English Skills
o Basic reading skills
o Basic writing skills
o Basic oral skills
· Communication Skills
o Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
o Interaction with a wide variety of people
o Maintain confidential information
o Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
o Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
· Computer Skills
o Basic Skill
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
· Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.