Sign On Incentive of $1,500 for qualifying candidates!
Daily cleaning and filling supplies in patient rooms, nurses stations, lounges, bathrooms, offices, isolation cleaning of patient rooms, discharge cleaning of patient rooms, and project work as assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Environmental Services Department and in accordance with hospital objectives. Will use cleaning devices including housekeeper cart, germicidal disinfectant chemicals, high dusters, microfiber mops, ladders, vacuum, mini extractor, Xenex robot and other necessary equipment and supplies.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· The associate is aware of hospital and department compliance for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of department or hospital administrative staff.
· Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner in support of the hospital’s commitment to ethical behavior in all areas of personal and professional activity.
· Successfully completes hospital-wide orientation, annual hospital competencies and department/unit specific competencies.
· For the safety of our patients and co-workers, St. Luke’s Hospital requires seasonal and job related vaccinations. This is reviewed regularly during periodic health assessments.
· Promote the philosophy, programs and initiatives of St. Luke’s Hospital and the Environmental Services Department.
· Ability to communicate effectively with the public, patients and staff in a positive, professional manner which promotes St. Luke’s’ services.
· Performs cleaning function in assigned areas following established schedule and using prescribed methods.
· Assist in cleaning of emergency spill observed or upon request.
· Maintains assigned equipment for cleanliness and have repairs made as needed.
· Observe and report the need for repairs to equipment, furniture, building and fixtures.
· In case of emergencies perform duties as assigned.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Must be at least 18 years old.
· Reading, writing and mathematical skills at level normally acquired through completion of high schools or equivalent preferred.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Previous experience in a housekeeper related position preferred, but not required.
• Must be able to work well with all customers, especially coworkers.
• Demonstrate a cooperative, courteous and dependable work performance.
• Possess high integrity and retain confidentiality at all times.
• Serves customers of all ages and should demonstrate understanding of the various expected changes throughout the life span to better serve customers and support staff in appropriate service delivery.