To provide high quality Mammographic Images, at a technical level, so as not to require constant supervision. To assist the Radiologist in the performance of advanced procedures. By remembering and putting into practice the FOCUS Values of UnityPoint Health - Des Moines, we will meet the goals of our customers.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
• Serves as a liaison between the Radiology Department, students, hospital staff and physicians.
• Produces screening and diagnostic mammograms in conformance with established departmental techniques.
• Assist the Radiologist with invasive procedures.
• Assists in the educational training of the Student Radiologic Technologists.
• Assists with quality assurance processes
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
Education: Graduation from an AMA approved School of Radiology Technology.
Experience: Either pass the ARRT Mammography Certification Board or take the 40-hour practical education program.
License(s)/Certification(s): Maintain ARRT CEU requirements. Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.