UnityPoint Health – Allen
Full-time; 8 am – 4:30 pm with weekend and holiday rotation
The job of the medical social worker is to perform assessments with patients to assess for any physical, mental or emotional needs. They assess the family support system and link the patient with services to help with care if needed. The social worker can also provide assistance with financial concerns such as not being able to afford medications or pay household bills. Some social workers provide counseling to patients who are suffering from depression or who are having difficulty coping. A social worker links and makes referrals to agencies to assist the patient with all of these services.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.