Nursing Program Coordinator - Methodist
Shift: Days; 40 hrs/wk
Full Time Benefits Eligible
The individual in this position serves as a consultant and educator to UnityPoint Health Des Moines staff/departments, physicians and residents. Successful completion of this work contributes to the mission of Healing, Caring and Teaching.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
· Participates in quality improvement initiatives aimed at the reduction of hospital acquired infections
· Follows up with communicable diseases and exposures according to state and national guidelines
· Provides guidance to healthcare worker on processes and procedures related to infection prevention
· Determines if infections are hospital associated, community associated or other using established criteria
· Calculates rates and analyzes data obtained from QI projects or surveillance and provides it back to staff and physicians in a meaningful manner
· Submits infection rates and patient information to appropriate databases or agencies (i.e. NHSN, IDPH)and control
· Develops written material for infection Prevention Education
· Provides formal and just in time education to staff regarding infectionprevention
· Assists with education to physicians and the residency programs regarding infection prevention
Education: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN, BS or BA preferred. Currently licensed to practice nursing in Iowa; certification in Infection Control preferred upon hire and required within
Experience: 2 years of employment in position. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in nursing. Experience in infection prevention and control preferred. Familiar with Microsoft Office products and electronic medical records required.