Sign On Incentive of $5,000 for qualifying candidates!
Clinic office Nurse completes assigned duties, serves as a vital communication link between the physician(s) and the patients, families, referral sources, physicians’ offices and others. The associate assist the rehabilitation physicians(s) and ARNP’s as needed in the outpatient rehabilitation office. Responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing patient care within an outpatient office setting. The patients to be served include adolescent, adult, and geriatric population with occasional infant or pediatric patient populations. In addition, this associate is expected to adhere to and exemplify the St. Luke’s Standards of Excellence and the PMR associate-patient relationship policy. This clinic office nurse can be either licensed as a RN or LPN.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Key Accountability-Clinical excellence-patient care
· Rooms patients using the EPIC rooming tabs and required elements per Joint Commission and regulations.
· Successfully completes the orientation and annual hospital and unit specific competencies
· Incorporates St. Luke’s Comfort/C.A.R.E. Professional Practice Model in clinic nursing care
Key Accountability-Care Coordination
· Utilizes the AVS to communicate changes in medication and plan of care for the clinic patient and assures all clinic patients are given a copy of the AVS.
· assist in assuring all consent forms are completed, and patient pain contracts completed per protocol
· schedules test ordered by the physician that may include obtaining pre-authorization from insurance carrier.
· Participates in working as phone nurse, taking messages off and communicating these to the Provider via EPiC and follows up with the patient with plan.
· Performs medication pre-authorizations
· Educates patients to their treatment plan by the Provider. Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Key Accountability- Leadership and Professional Development
· Assists in the orientation of new associates by acting as a resource and mentor to associates. Collaborates with unit leadership, as appropriate.
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Utilizes evidenced based models of learning.
· Participates in department and hospital shared governance infrastructure and performance improvement activities.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited nursing program for RN or LPN
Prefer one (1) year of rehab clinical experience or 1 year of clinic nursing experience and demonstrated clinical efficiency.
•Possess a current Iowa RN or LPN license.
•Previous rehabilitation nursing experience preferred.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Demonstrates proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required to perform basic/advanced nursing procedures in the administration of medication therapy and the operation of specialized equipment
· Ability to complete a basic computer course on the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) through in-hospital training
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.