Description of Position:
The Mental Health Professional (MHP) (Care Management) is supervised by the Department manager. The MHP (Care Management) will provide mental health assessment, intervention, and consultation to individuals identified as having psychiatric disorders; plan treatment modalities, coordinate treatment plans and follow clients through the treatment process; may supervise clinical interns assigned to department. The MHP (Care Management) will deliver customer service and work cooperatively with other departments. The MHP (Care Management) will provide crisis intervention, maintain accurate clinical documentation, and demonstrate Trinity’s principles and values when interacting with clients, families, visitors, physicians and coworkers.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
% of Time
· Care Management: Assures that all clients receive clinically sound triage/referral and ongoing care management services for behavioral health needs.
· Performs diagnostic assessments and collects diagnostic information to determine an individualized treatment plan for the client.
· Plan treatment modalities, coordinate treatment plans and follow clients through the treatment process
· Requests consultation for clients that includes providers, social workers and nursing staff when necessary.
· Delivers high quality care appropriate to the age and educational level of the client.
· Responds to phone calls for crises intervention by providing brief direction, recommendations, and crises intervention. Triages phone calls to distinguish between emergencies needing direction to present for a crises evaluation or non-emergency call.
· Evaluate the client’s treatment plan through follow-up assessment and makes adjustments based on clinical findings.
· Maintains accurate, concise, current clinical documentation. This includes but is not limited to all phone conversations, requests from the client, changes in the clinical conditions and all consultations with providers.
· Identifies available support systems to meet the needs of each individual client.
· Assist Robert Young Center clients and families by making contact with community agencies.
· Establishes and maintains good working relationships with the medical, educational, and social services community.
· Utilizes a holistic approach to determine teaching methods appropriate to the individual client.
· Provides psycho-education to clients and families regarding their illness, medications, and/or treatment plan to supplement information provided by health care professionals.
· Evaluate the client’s understanding of information provided and ability to follow through.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Requires a BA, BS, BSW in a behavioral healthcare services related field, or a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to a wide range of client situations. Has the ability to accurately collect and assess information, understand the ethical standards of behavioral healthcare, and provide care appropriate to the age and diagnosis of the client. Demonstrate excellent communication skills and professional manner and presentation. Able to establish effective consultative relationship with health care providers, outside agencies, co-workers, and the community. Able to work sensitively with clients. Able to handle multiple priorities, maintain composure under stress, and adapt to a fast paced changing environment.