Certified Medical Assistant
Diabetes and Endocrinology - WL
36 hrs/wk. / Full-Time Benefits
Potential of 4-10 hr days or 5-8 hr days
Clinic hours 7:30-5:00 M-F
** $3,000 Sign-On Bonus **
Why UnityPoint Health?
· Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
· Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
· Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
· Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
· Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures. Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties. Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status. Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-10 coding. Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members. Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes. Provide information to appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. health department). Thoroughly understand testing (lab and procedures) values and relationship to patient status with accountability to take next steps, as appropriate to scope and licensure. Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site. Meet the department work schedule. Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines. Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures. Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information. Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures. Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work. Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations. Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests. Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants. Current CME certification for Certified Medical Assistant and AAMA certification. Mandatory Reporter certification. CPR certification. Meets educational/competency requirements per policy. Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred. Computer data entry experience. BLS and Mandatory Reporter certification. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work as a team member Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures. Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English. Strong computer skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills.