**Cardiovascular Sonographer Sign-On Bonus of $7,500
UnityPoint Health-Fort Dodge
FTE: .9 (Full-time, 36 hours per week)
Shifts: Monday-Friday 7am-4:30pm
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Performs echocardiography/vascular and other diagnostic exams related to diagnostic procedures. Performs tests according to policies and procedures, paying attention to details.
· Balances team and individual responsibilities, objective and open to other’s views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to positive team goals, puts success of team above own interests. Functions as a team player and performs tasks needed in order to assist the team, and provides exceptional patient care.
· Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service. Treats the patients we serve as special guest. Escorts patients to destinations, and puts the needs of patients first and foremost. Follows service excellence standards as set forth by Trinity Regional Medical Center.
· Exerts independent judgment and is responsible for the echocardiographic/vascular quality in the performance of these exams. Identifies weakness in performance of exams, and will seek ways to improve technical performance. Accepts constructive criticism in a positive manner
· Consistently utilizing a holistic approach (considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria) appropriate for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients served in the assigned service area. Able to work with patients across the age span and provide the most appropriate line of care for patients on an individual basis.
· Communicates effectively with physicians, patients, families, nursing staff and other Health System personnel. Communicates with all hospital staff in a respectful manner. Resolves conflicts in a professional manner, and through the proper chain of command. Is a team member.
· Demonstrates self-development by keeping current with echo/vascular trends. Keeps current with latest technology and techniques, and shares knowledge with other team members.
· Maintains responsibility for echo/vascular equipment, supplies and records. Arranges to have needed supplies and equipment on hand. Maintains the standard of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
· Participates in on-call duties as assigned. Adheres to on-call schedule and perform tests as needed and requested by physician in order to provide superior patient care.
· Maintains responsibility for the mobile vehicle by adhering to Trinity Regional Medical Center and departmental policies and logs. Maintains vehicle in a clean and clutter-free environment.
· Must maintain a valid driver’s license, and travel in less than desirable weather and road conditions to rural hospital accounts. Loads and unloads equipment, prepares the equipment for the exams, and completes all necessary paperwork for the billing process.
· Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders. Implements and completes physician orders in a prompt courteous manner in order to meet patient’s needs.
· Contributes to a climate that provides growth and job satisfaction of personnel. Displays a positive attitude toward team members and towards Trinity Regional Medical Center. Strives to keep negativity out of the work environment.
· Observes and supports hospital policies. Familiarizes self and adheres to the policies set forth by Trinity Regional Medical Center.
· Is prompt and efficient, with minimal absences. Informs supervisor/manager of absences in a timely manner as not to impede patient care. Schedules vacation, and time off as outlined in unit policy.
· Participates in non-direct patient care activities. Attends educational activities, quality improvement activities, unit meetings, hospital/unit committees and other related activities as required. Completes unit competencies as required.
· Adheres to strict confidentiality. Keeps patient and hospital information private. Does not discuss information regarding patients to anyone at work or outside work unless the communication is necessary to provide care to the patient.
· Performs functions other than described due to extenuating circumstances.
· Adheres to departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Echo sonographer willing to become certified in vascular. School cost covered with additional suppport and pay increase upon completion.
Two years of formal education past high school.
Minimum of one (1) year experience in healthcare related field with Certification by ARDMS within two years of hire date or two (2) year’s work experience in specialty field, i.e., vascular diagnostics or echocardiography is preferred and Certification by ARDMS in field of vascular or cardiac ultrasound is required within 1 year of hire date.
Basic Life Support Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Ability to exercise good judgment, maintain effective interpersonal relationships, adept to change in a positive manner and think creatively. Possesses integrity, initiative and flexibility. Ability to organize work. Requires knowledge of basic medical terminology. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to infant, pediatric, young/middle/mature adult patients.
Pertinent ultrasound equipment and accessories, digital image and reporting storage system, hospital computer system, other hospital equipment necessary to provide patient care. PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Gloves, goggles, protective gowns and masks.