The Fueling the Future Project Coordinator will provide project oversight and infrastructure building activities including, but not limited to; track and attain measurable project outcomes, coordinate project expectations and deliver support to the care navigation team, develop project standard work and best practices, build rapport and collaborate effectively with community stakeholders and research partners, and utilize the Trinity Muscatine Business Management system to address quality improvement opportunities.
Fueling the Future project is a Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) funded project. The program aims to reduce the rural healthcare needs of lower socioeconomic, vulnerable populations of families living in Muscatine County, Iowa. This program will identify families with elementary-aged children who receive weekend “backpack” food subsidies and engage the custodial parent(s) to participate in a six-week intensive earn-while-you-learn upskill training program (e.g., welding, certified nursing assistant) with employment guaranteed upon successful course completion. This is a three year federally funded project with the professional opportunity to develop, research, and sustain a best practice model that has the opportunity to be replicated across additional rural health areas in the U.S.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
Project and Program Coordination
· Coordinates project activities with other public health professionals, organizations and jurisdictions, including, but not limited to, the Health Resources & Services Administration, the University of Iowa Research Departments, and the Fueling the Future Network Board of Directors.
· Collaborates in the development of evidence-based public health practices and programs with community partners, county stakeholders, institutions of higher learning; other agencies, businesses, associations, other program staff, and the public.
· Collaborates in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, Fueling the Future projects and program for public health and collaborative partners in Muscatine County.
· Collaborates in and contributes to individual, team, and health department performance management, quality improvement, evaluation activities, and program goals and objectives.
· Using public health informatics, develops options, examines feasibility, recommends and implements policies, programing, projects and services in areas of public health, collaborative care coordination, prevention, preparedness, and health promotion.
· Assures compliance with the requirements of state and federal regulations and appropriate certification/credentialing through policy and procedure development, staff education, and ongoing monitoring of activities.
· Assures compliance and completion of all grant funded contract obligations including submission of required reports and documents through effective project coordination techniques.
· Manages project within current and projected budgets and staffing levels.
· Implements organizational and project policies and procedures.
· Collaborates in community-based participatory research.
· Identifies assets and resources that can be used for improving the health of the target populations.
· Advocates on behalf of vulnerable individuals and populations; participates in assessing and evaluating health care services to ensure that people are informed of available health department and community programs and services and are assisted in the utilization of those services.
· Delivers targeted, culturally-appropriate information to help individuals and groups understand local public health policies, regulations, and code.
· Collaborates/works with community partners in Muscatine County’s community health assessment and health improvement planning and interventions activities.
· Actively participates in and acts as a liaison with other community agencies and professionals in collaborative efforts to address community health priorities.
· Adheres to ethical principles and policies in the collection, maintenance, use, and dissemination of data and information.
· Markets public health and the Fueling the Future project with written and/or verbal presentations.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Bachelor’s degree in public health, nursing, social work, business or related field.
Four years of experience in health or human services.
Two years of experience in project development and/or coordination.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Organizational skills
· Project management skills
· Leadership skills
· Knowledge of health programming
· Conflict management/resolution skills
· Knowledge of and ability to use computers and Windows-based software applications.
· Skill in oral and written communications, including the ability to draft, proof, and construct professional documents and correspondence using business standards.
· Ability to develop and make presentations for various groups and individuals.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.