The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program. This individual will develop a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone, and face-to-face solicitation, all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support. With a portfolio of 150 prospects, the director will also provide strategic direction and long-range planning for all these areas in the context of growing the annual giving program while supporting the greater development and campaign goals for UnityPoint Health St. Luke’s.
Relationship Building & Fundraising - St. Luke’s College
Relationship Building & Fundraising - Foundation’s Annual Giving Program
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing/Communications or related field.
Preferred Master’s Degree
Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in development and/or sales experience.
Preferred 1-3 years focus on major gifts and/or capital campaigns.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Excellent organizational skills: ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
· Commitment of donor-centered fundraising and exemplary follow-through.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Desire to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Self-directed, team player with the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive materials.
· Organizational skills, particularly planning, managing deadlines, and evaluating progress are required.
· Ability to build and nurture relationships.
· Maintain active involvement in at least one community organization that helps establish linkages to benefit the overall mission of UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s Foundation.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.