Performs work of routine difficulty in a variety of cleaning tasks that involve use of hazardous chemicals, heavy lifting in public areas, in the operating rooms, and other surgical areas of the hospital including Cath Lab, CTU, and Endo. Exposure to patients (including blood and body fluids). Daily cleaning of patient rooms, (plus transfer and discharge), precaution room cleaning, and carpet extraction in public and private areas. Operates floor machine(s) in public and surgical areas. Carpet extraction in public and private areas. Completes a variety of set-ups and special events per departmental requests. Flexible to work on all campuses to meet hospital construction cleaning and department needs.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org